Key Aboriginal Organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation
Level 1, Providence Building, Abbotsford Convent
1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067
Phone: (03) 9416 2905
Fax: (03) 9416 3095
PO Box 4128
FRANKSTON HEIGHTS VIC 3199
Phone: 0499 222 331
Phone: (03) 5781 1134
Ph: (03) 5152 5100
Garry Sattell | 03 5172 2108 | email@example.com
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
Baw Baw Shire reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal Flag permanently and on special occasions in Council Chambers and above the Town Hall
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Uses Aboriginal language to name projects or places
- Has an Aboriginal Advisory Committee or similar structure
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Employs Aboriginal staff
- Employs a part time Aboriginal Liaison Officer
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness
- Library has Aboriginal specific programs
- Has Aboriginal-specific HACC services
- Works with local agencies to support Aboriginal young people
- Procures goods and services from Aboriginal businesses
- Council has procured art works from local Aboriginal artists. Council has also approached the local communities regarding feasibility in development of an interpretive centre.
Last Updated: April 9, 2021 at 9:46 am