Key Aboriginal Contacts
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation
PO Box 1026, Bendigo 3552
1/70 Powells Avenue, Bendigo 3552
Phone: (03) 5444 2888
Mobile: 0401 407 746
Fax: (03) 5441 6472
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
The Central Goldfields Shire reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island flags on special occasions
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Has facilitated the use of Aboriginal language to name sites
- Supports or organises events that celebrate Aboriginal culture
- Encourages employment of Aboriginal people
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Library has Aboriginal specific programs
- Provides Aboriginal specific HACC services
- Provides Aboriginal specific maternal and child health responses
- Works with local agencies to support Aboriginal young people
Last Updated: August 25, 2020 at 2:21 pm