Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation [YYNAC]
Ph: (03) 5832 0222
Mallee and District Aboriginal Health Service
120 Madden Ave. PO Box 5134 Mildura VIC 3502.
Ph: (03) 5018 4100
Fax: (03) 5023 7852
9 Nolan Street Kerang
Ph: (03) 5450 3019
Lot 1 McLennan Drive Robinvale
Ph: (03) 5026 1848
Local Aboriginal Network (LAN) Broker | Loddon Mallee
Krystal Henderson | 03 5833 5238 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Documents / Links
The Shire of Gannawarra reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal flag on special occasions
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Arranges Welcome to Country
- Provides candidate information to Aboriginal people
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Local Indigenous Network
- Has an Aboriginal Advisory Committee or similar structure
- Includes Indigenous specific commitments in Council strategic documents
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites.
- Supports or organises events that celebrate Aboriginal culture
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness.
- Library has Indigenous specific programs
- Works with local agencies to support Indigenous young people
- Supports local Indigenous economic development
- Procures goods and services from Indigenous businesses
- Is involved in local Indigenous tourism
Last Updated: July 11, 2019 at 8:30 pm