Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation
Ph: 03 5444 2888
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
The Hepburn Shire Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal flag permanently above main council buildings
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Arranges Welcome to Country
- Uses Aboriginal languages to name projects or places
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Local Indigenous Networks
- Includes Indigenous specific commitments in Council strategic documents
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Supports or organises events that celebrate Aboriginal culture
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness
- Library has Aboriginal specific programs
Last Updated: April 9, 2021 at 11:36 am