Key Aboriginal Organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Key Documents / Links
The Hobsons Bay City Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies both flags permanently above the town hall
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Local Indigenous Networks
- Engages with the Local Reconciliation Group
- Provides cross cultural awareness training to staff and/or Councillors
- Includes Aboriginal specific commitments in Council strategic documents
- Has a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness.
- Library has Aboriginal specific programs
- Procures goods and services from Aboriginal businesses
Last Updated: January 24, 2020 at 3:09 pm