Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Taungurung Land and Waters Council (Aboriginal Corporation)
37 High Street, Broadford Vic 3658
Ph: (03) 5781 1134
Local Aboriginal Network (LAN) Broker | Loddon Mallee
Krystal Henderson | 03 5833 5238 | email@example.com
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
Dja Dja Wurrung Elder, Uncle Rick Nelson presents a message stick to Mount Alexander Mayor Michael Redden, National Reconciliation Week 2013
Mount Alexander Shire Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies both flags permanently outside/above the Town Hall
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with the Local Reconciliation Group
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites.
- Includes Aboriginal content in whole of community events
- Runs NAIDOC activities
- Runs Reconciliation Week activities
- Council does not provide library services;
- Involves Indigenous young people in programs
- Procures goods and services from Indigenous businesses
- Is involved in local Indigenous tourism
Last Updated: April 9, 2021 at 1:07 pm