Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Taungurung Land and Waters Council (Aboriginal Corporation)
37 High Street Broadford. Victoria 3658
Ph: (03) 5784 1433
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
The Murrindindi Shire Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Arranges Welcome to Country
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Local Indigenous Networks
- Collects data on employee Aboriginal identity
- Provides cross cultural awareness training for staff and/or Councillors
- Includes Aboriginal specific commitments in Council Strategic documents
- Supports or organises events that celebrate Aboriginal culture
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness
- Library has Aboriginal specific programs
- Procures goods and services from Aboriginal businesses
Last Updated: August 25, 2020 at 2:39 pm