Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Wadawurrung Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation
86 Mercer St, Geelong VIC 3320 – Ph: 5222 5889
99 Mair St East, Ballarat VIC 3350 – Ph: 4308 0420
Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative
62 Morgan Street, North Geelong VIC 3215
PO Box 402 North Geelong VIC 3216
Ph: (03) 5277 0044
Larry Kanoa | 03 5327 2819 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
The Pyrenees Shire reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Acknowledges Country
- Employs Aboriginal staff
- Encourages employment of Aboriginal people
- Has a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Provides Indigenous specific funding
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites
- Includes Aboriginal content in whole of community events
- Organises Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Festivals
- Organises NAIDOC activities and Reconciliation Week activities
Last Updated: August 25, 2020 at 2:41 pm