Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Larry Kanoa | 03 5327 2819 | email@example.com
Key Documents / Links
The Pyrenees Shire reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Acknowledges Country
- Employs Aboriginal staff
- Encourages employment of Aboriginal people
- Has a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Provides Indigenous specific funding
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites
- Includes Aboriginal content in whole of community events
- Organises Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Festivals
- Organises NAIDOC activities and Reconciliation Week activities
Last Updated: May 3, 2019 at 10:15 am