Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Key Documents / Links
The Strathbogie Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal flag permanently on all council buildings
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Provides local government candidate information to Aboriginal people
- Displays Aboriginal artworks in Council premises and in public places
- Commissions artworks or performances
- Supports local artists or performers
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites
- Includes Indigenous specific commitments in Council Strategic documents
- Include Aboriginal content in whole of community events;
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Is involved in local Aboriginal tourism
Last Updated: October 18, 2018 at 3:01 pm