Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
Key Documents / Links
The Towong Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Displays artworks in Council premises
- Displays artworks in public places
- Supports local artists or performers
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites.
- Includes Aboriginal content in whole of community events
- Organises NAIDOC activities and Reconciliation Week activities
Last Updated: August 25, 2020 at 2:43 pm