Key Aboriginal organisations
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit Aboriginal Victoria’s interactive map and search the Local Government Area name [e.g. LGA: Ballarat] or a street address. You can also refer to Aboriginal Victoria’s Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
WG Enterprises (Worn Gindidj Aboriginal Cooperative)
1-3 Rooneys Road, Warrnambool
T: 03 5561 5315 or +61448 509 522
Framlingham Aboriginal Trust/Kirrae Whurrong Aboriginal Corporation
42 Kirrae Ave, Purnim VIC 3278
T: 03 5567 1003
Kirrae Avenue, Purnim VIC 3278
T: 03 5567 1270
Shane Bell | 03 5564 8880 | email@example.com
Key Documents / Links
The Warrnambool Shire Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies both flags permanently above the Town Hall
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Local Indigenous Networks
- Displays artworks in Council premises and in public places;
- Commissioning Aboriginal artworks or performances
- Supporting local Aboriginal artists or performers
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites.
- Includes Aboriginal content in whole of community events
- Organises NAIDOC activities and Reconciliation Week activities
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness.
- Works with local agencies to support Indigenous young people
- Actively seeks to engage Aboriginal businesses for goods or services
- Procures goods and services from Indigenous businesses
- Is involved in local Indigenous tourism
Last Updated: July 28, 2019 at 10:01 pm