KEY ABORIGINAL ORGANISATIONS
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit First Peoples - State Relations' interactive map and search the Local Government Area name (e.g. LGA: Ballarat) or a street address. You can also refer to First Peoples - State Relations' Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
1-3 Rooneys Road, Warrnambool
135 Kepler Street, Warrnambool, 3280, VIC
T: 03 5559 1234
F: 03 5561 0392
FC: 1800 629 729
Kirrae Avenue, Purnim VIC 3278
T: 03 5567 1270
Local Aboriginal Network (LAN) Broker | Barwon South West
(includes Aboriginal organisations)
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
The Warrnambool Shire Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies both flags permanently above the Town Hall
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Networks
- Displays artworks in Council premises and in public places
- Commissioning Aboriginal artworks or performances
- Supporting local Aboriginal artists or performers
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites.
- Includes Aboriginal content in whole of community events
- Organises NAIDOC activities and Reconciliation Week activities
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness.
- Works with local agencies to support Indigenous young people
- Actively seeks to engage Aboriginal businesses for goods or services
- Procures goods and services from Indigenous businesses
- Is involved in local Indigenous tourism
25 Liebig Street, WARRNAMBOOL 3280
PO Box 198, WARRNAMBOOL 3280
Fax: 03 5559 4900
ABORIGINAL LIAISON CONTACT
For Community Services/Health & Wellbeing:
Manager, Community Access and Inclusion
For Children’s and Family Services:
Manager, Children’s and Family Services
For Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture:
Manager, Recreation and Culture
For Community Planning and Policy: